Our COVID-19 Response
The well-being of our staff and customers during this unpredictable time is our top priority. We continue to monitor the current health environment closely and follow the advice of the public health authorities.
The products and services that we supply our communities are essential for many residents to function on a daily basis. Some of the changes we have implemented:
- We are monitoring the needs of our family of employees to determine if anyone needs to be away from work because they travelled, are sick, have a gap in child care or for any other reason. We are here to support them.
- As directed by the health agencies, all of our team members are asked to frequently wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds and use hand sanitizer in between washing.
- We are encouraging everyone to refrain from touching the areas on their face near or on their nose, eyes, and mouth as this activity has the potential to cause sickness.
- Cleaning processes and procedures have been increased overall with focus on high touch points at our locations to limit any potential exposure to our team members and the public.
- Our public washrooms are available for our customers comfort as they are stocked with hand washing materials. We have further increased an already diligent cleaning schedule for our washrooms to reduce potential exposure to our team or the public.
- We encourage customers to use disposable paper towels and napkins that are available at each fuel positions and at our food service counters if they do not already have their own gloves for personal hygiene protection.
We are creating an environment that enables public physical distancing behaviour within our locations.
- Depending on the size of the location and the provincial restrictions required, we are limiting the occupancy levels in our stores.
- We have sourced floor decals that help the public measure the 6 foot physical distancing rule.
- We are working with our product vendors to facilitate product deliveries that provide separation between our vendors, our customers, and our staff members.
We are working on and will have available as soon as possible:
- Acrylic dividers that will provide a clear and transparent physical barrier between our employees and customers at the transaction counters. These barriers have been sourced and are expected in the next few days. They will be installed when received.
- Our management team is working to source disposable gloves and hand sanitizer for the public. These products are in high demand worldwide but sufficient supply is non-existent at this time. When a source has been found we will be offering these products.
We thank all of our employees for your commitment to providing an essential service to our community and making every visit a safe one. Thank you to the customers for following the public health authorities’ advice and abiding by the current guidelines to help keep us all safe.
Help us protect you, our staff, and the community.