About Wilsons Gas Stops
As an independent gasoline retailer and supplier, Wilsons Gas Stops operates its own service stations and distributes fuel to dealers in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island. Our company service stations provide self service, while some of our dealer locations still provide full service.
Additionally, all of our company stations provide Go Store convenience stores offering a wide variety of products. Some even feature restaurant services and car washes. Please see our station locator to find a station near you.
Wilsons Gas Stops operates 77 company service stations, 12 Wilsons Gas Stops and 65 Esso stations. We distribute to 200 dealers in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island.
Wilson Company History
The Wilson family first established a mercantile trade company in the Colchester area during the early 1800s. Descendants established the Wilson Construction Company and built many of the large historic brick buildings that grace downtown Truro. Following the Halifax Explosion, Wilsons was involved in the reconstruction of Dartmouth.
In 1909, Wilsons started a coal company to supply fuel to the buildings they built as well as others. As the business focus changed from construction to fuel, the present name of Wilson Fuel Co Ltd was adopted. Wilsons was the only Nova Scotia coal company to make the transition from coal to oil while remaining independent of multinational oil companies.
After dropping coal and adding propane and heating equipment, Wilsons is now established as a leading independent fuel oil supplier in Nova Scotia. It has offices in Truro, Halifax and Bridgewater.
Wilsons' retail gasoline network is now established in all four provinces of Atlantic Canada. It has a reputation of delivering competitive pricing to the motoring public.
The Wilson Fuel Co Ltd has been recognized as one of “Canada’s Fifty Best Managed Companies”